Find out how we can
help your business
Natural Sea Sponges
Technical Foam Services is recognised around the world as the leading UK-based engineering-biased foam, pore and cellulose sponge supplier, but there are times when no amount of technical know-how can compare with the quality of the materials provided by Mother Nature. A perfect example of this is natural sea sponges, the outstanding gentle, absorbent properties and texture of which can never truly be replicated by man, regardless of his expertise.
Dedicated to providing the highest quality products to suit the individual requirements of each and every one of our customers, we recognise that we can never “reproduce” these unique properties, which is why we are also the UK’s largest importer and distributor of natural sea sponges, ensuring that we can always offer our clients the very best products to meet their needs.
Harnessing the power of nature
Natural sea sponges have been used to cleanse and exfoliate the skin for thousands of years. Soft, gentle, and luxurious, they are suitable for even the most sensitive skin, including babies’.
As a result natural sea sponges are perfect for a range of applications where gentle cleansing is the major factor, such as bathing and showering, removing cosmetics, and even wall painting.
Furthermore, although they are incredibly soft, they have superior abrasion resistance compared with many synthetic sponges and therefore do not peel or disintegrate as quickly.
A natural choice
We supply a wide range of the best sponges available, each of which has its own unique properties that are suitable for specific uses. These cover:
- Honeycomb sponges – the jewel in the crown, the honeycomb sponge’s highly porous texture absorbs a high amount of water and creates a luxuriant lather, ideal for bathing and cosmetic applications.
- Loofah – A more rigid sponge, the perfect natural exfoliator for use in the bath and shower
- Wool sponges – highly absorbent and soft but also incredibly durable, perfect for baby and adult bathing as well as wall painting.
- Grass sponges – A cost effective natural sea sponge. Soft and gentle, these sponges are widely used by decorators for wall painting.
- Silk sponges – Silky smooth, with a finer texture and lower absorbency, they are ideal for cleansing the face and use in other cosmetic applications.
All of our natural sea sponges are harvested in the deepest waters of the Mediterranean and Caribbean by our own network of divers. As a result, we can be sure that we only ever supply the best quality sponges and that sponge stocks are not depleted, as when the roots of the sponge are left intact the sponges regenerate themselves.
Find out how we can